Illinois Country Living is the largest downstate monthly publication distributed to a rural audience and has served readers for more than 60 years. Each month, 190,000 Illinois residents check their mailbox for the latest issue, which covers rural issues, and provides commentaries from Illinois leaders, columns on safety, health, energy conservation, gardening, a calendar of events, and of course, the ever popular recipes from Illinois’ best country cooks.
In addition to rural-interest feature articles, Illinois Country Living includes the following columns each month:
- Your Yard and Garden – A gardening column by University of Illinois Extension Educator David Robson.
- Today’s Technology and You – Energy efficiency tips that can help readers reduce energy bills.
- Safety and Health – A column focusing on ways to keep your family safe and healthy.
- Commentary – The views of political or business leaders or issues affecting rural Illinois.
- Illinois Datebook – A listing of events and happenings throughout the state.
- Illinois Finest Cooking – A recipe section featuring co-op member cookbooks.